Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Soccer Invasion

That's right the three bees have added soccer to the sports repertoire! Our sports journey has led us to the Metropolitan YMCA soccer program, where my daughter is playing and... get ready for this.... my husband is coaching! Yes, my husband who knows absolutely nothing about soccer is a coaching our daughter's team. This may seem like a bad idea, but in truth its been really good. He volunteered to do it out the kindness of his own heart. The five and six year old division was without a coach and for fear of letting all those wonderful kids down, he stepped up to the challenge and I, as his partner in all that we do, have signed on as team mom.

We've only had one practice and one game thus far, but its been interesting already! Although they didn't win, team "Sting" had a fabulous time and really that is all that matters! Our second practice and game were both canceled due to rain, but we are looking forward to coming out eager and strong next week. I have added a few photos from the first game...so I hope you enjoy! Stay tuned for more updates!





No comments:

Post a Comment